e-Learning Lab at Aalborg University is participating in the Learning Analytics Summer Institutes around the world. We hereby invites Ph.D. candidates, academics, researchers, educators and other Learning-Professionals with interest in the Learning Analytics field to participate in our local LASI event, LASI-Aalborg. LASI-Aalborg will have the form of both a Ph.D. course and an open Master class. There will be an assignment to do, during the course, for those attending the included Ph.D. course, more info here
LASI-Aalborg will take place in conjunction with the LASI-Stanford Summer Institute, July 1 – 5, and all the other LASI-locals around the world. Our event relies on both online asynchronous-participation and synchronous real-time participation with presence for participants here at eLearning lab, Aalborg Wednesday July 3 & Thursday July 4.
The online preparation and participation will consists mainly of watching recordings from the Stanford Sessions and following the twitter threads and will take place at your own time, place and pace between July 1 – 6. 2013. The presence part at e-Learning Lab will mainly consists of a workshop on chosen themes from the Learning Analytics Summer Institute at Stanford University including watching chosen recordings from the Stanford Sessions. E-Learning Lab will apply coffee, lunch and refreshments during the event.
- Registration: please mail email@example.com
- Price: LASI-Aalborg will be free of charge
- Note: There will be a limited number of participants
The objective of the LASI`s is that participants will leave better equipped to actively engage in advancing the LA field through their teaching and research activities. Specifically LASI has two goals:
- Build the field of Learning Analytics through cross disciplinary interactions, identification of research and teaching needs, advancement of LA methods, and connecting isolated researchers.
- Develop the skills and knowledge of doctoral students and academics, equipping them to engage actively in LA research and teaching.
Organizers: Professor Ellen Christiansen, Ph.D. candidate Ulla Lunde Ringtved